My experience on my daily works... helping others ease each other

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Singapore's NUS confirms security breach

 

Hacker group Team Intra breaches local institution's database and publishes information such as staff username and hashed passwords. NUS confirms attack but says data on server not confidential.

... read the article @ ZDNet Asia

What do I think:
The administrator of the server release a letter indicating that it is minor and does not affecting the C.I.A contents belongs to the university. Is it? I wonder if this is true. Don't he know that by gaining the access, hackers can put a trojan, botnet, etc or even do more than that.... may be the group should release more to show how serious the impact was...
Share:

0 comments:

About Me

Somewhere, Selangor, Malaysia
An IT by profession, a beginner in photography

Blog Archive

Blogger templates