My experience on my daily works... helping others ease each other

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Buffer Overflow can evolved?

It is not longer a valid question. In fact, many of us (especially in security area) know about it. Everything will evolve and eventually buffer overflow attack.

There are two interesting articles which I would love to share with you guys. The first ones was published in 2006 and I believe this is the starting point to various advance buffer overflow attack nowadays. Check it out the paper written by Kayacik et. al. at http://www.shell-storm.org/papers/files/328.pdf.

The second paper is published recently in 2011 and published in a journal which to me, this prove that this paper do have high values to security people. You can read the paper at http://www.ijcaonline.org/archives/volume13/number5/1780-2455.

This two papers have proven that my research is still valid and relevant despite the issues has been around for more than two decades. Two professor from renowned local university and a Dr (fresh grad of PhD) even requested me to change my research area and one of them even lough at me when I first presented to them my research topics and problem statement. Well, at least I stick to my idea and fight for it and now it is proven that I'm walking on the right path.

:) .. but yet, I do agree with them too that the issue should be resolved or at least minimize the impact :) and I hope that the result of my research can realize that :).
Share:

0 comments:

About Me

Somewhere, Selangor, Malaysia
An IT by profession, a beginner in photography

Blog Archive

Blogger templates