My experience on my daily works... helping others ease each other

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Avoiding yourself as spam-sender

Last week, I notice something weird. I received few junk email and bounce-email indicating that I'm sending a link to all person in my contact list. A few of my friend even open the mail and try to open the link.

I don't know who, how, and when it happen by I realize that something has gone wrong. Either someone had gain access to my laptop or successfully gain access to my email account and retrieve list of contact address. However, I managed to disable it. Here are steps I did.

1. Run Anti-spamware and/or any anti-malware tool. Clean the laptop.

2. Change email setting and account configuration.

3. Remove unknown email address or inactive email address.

This shall do the trick and prevent other people from manipulating you.
Share:

0 comments:

About Me

Somewhere, Selangor, Malaysia
An IT by profession, a beginner in photography

Blog Archive

Blogger templates