My experience on my daily works... helping others ease each other

Friday, December 10, 2010

eniaga - Good Initiative but Worst Implementation

Have you come across new government initiatives? eNiaga.

It seem that either the company providing that portal is just wanna get money and deliver a portal or don't care about money (which I guarantee the company gets lots of money) but just wanna deliver a portal to help government in their initiative. Either reason, they failed to deliver at least to minimum portal interface. When I take a look at this (on 11 December 2010), I'm little bit surprise with the interface, layout, friendliness, etc. It is none here. Check it out here http://eniaga.gov.my

What is the problem?
1. Compare with Amazon, Google Book, Lowyat Net, and other portal. All items are clearly categories and segmentize. Here, everything was shown flashing in and out.

2. When you click on the menu display on your left side, it shows another page which also did the same things. What if you wanna find clothes for man? How? Looking at the design, I bet you need to wait until the product shown on the screen and then click as soon as possible as it will change to other product in a few seconds.

3. How to use the system? You need to guess. No Fact or Help that you can select.

4. Over cluttered. The display shows too many and too fast and as I said earlier, no segmentation.

5. What's next? Is this first @ trial version of the portal? Not sure. But if I were one of the people involves, I will not even release this to market yet as I know what portal means and what business portal means and also what usability means. This don't fit in to any of those. It can only be used for showcase something, but not for usage or user. It might be use to win a tender but it shall not be use as a production release.
Share:

0 comments:

About Me

Somewhere, Selangor, Malaysia
An IT by profession, a beginner in photography

Blog Archive

Blogger templates